Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Some Poetry

Instead of doing homework the other night, I reworked this blog's look. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it. Also, here are a couple of poems I wrote for my creative writing class.

After Christmas

Cold creeps upon us; it’s that time of year
The bells ring and shoppers begin to sing
The first snowflakes are welcomed with great cheer
Little children are practically dancing

The bursting joy of cheery Christmas bells
Laughter and smiles around the warm hearth
Will begin to melt and fade, I foretell
As people grow weary of frozen earth

The novelty of sledding and sweaters
Morphs to dreary days; sniffling noses
Things continue to become emptier
So terribly trapped within the houses

Don’t let dull days freeze curiosity
Cling to a little immaturity



"Nomophobia"

I can’t let go
It’s a part of me
It can’t leave my side
Not for a moment

The itch,
The urge
Thirty seconds pass
Time to check again

Still nothing
I’m being ignored
What’re they up to?
I’m out of the loop

A buzz! A ding!
Look! Look and see
Fingers fly, a reply is sent
Things are good for the moment

But... Bars disappearing
Power is failing
My heart is racing
And my dread rising

The battery flashes
Screen fades to black
I clutch it in desperation
At this horrid occasion

Disconnected
What if something happens?
Out of reach
I’m forgotten

I need my phone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.
Thank you for reading.
-Ericka