Friday, May 4, 2012

Triumphant

Well, I did it. I survived my first year of college.

And I can't believe it's already been a year. It seems like just yesterday I showed up on campus, so clueless in the face of so many unknowns, and now I'm leaving a veteran, a sophomore. I've learned a lot. And not only academically, but also about life and my relationship with God and others. I'm not the same person I was this time last year.

What a bittersweet moment. The stress and pressure are gone, evaporated as things are completed. And now, I have a few days to rest and recuperate before throwing myself into my many summer plans and goals. But I'll miss the people who I've spent the past nine months with.

It's scary how fast time passes. Even when the days seem long and somewhat monotonous, time is racing by. Treasure your moments. Live in the now, with a perspective set on eternity. Don't let your past control you or your future monopolize your energy. Live for others, by God's strength, to make a difference and let the almighty Lord take care of everything else.

Use your time wisely, cause it's gone in the blink of an eye.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Great thoughts, and quite applicable to me right now. Especially those words on the past and the future. Time certainly does fly, and what you say about feeling a different person sounds quite familiar.

    So glad you've come out strong through this year! Hope you have a great summer and get all pumped up again for another spin at it. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.
Thank you for reading.
-Ericka